ICN – Indiana College Network Courses
We register students for courses at other Indiana institutions through the Indiana College Network (ICN). Each of these ICN courses meets the standards of Purdue course equivalents. They are not intended as a substitute for Purdue classes, but as an option for students who are unable to find space in Purdue course sections. If there is space in a Purdue-based section, either classroom or online, students MUST choose that option first.
Spring 2016*EAPS 100/191 and NUR 399 4 credits - Must take together
- The student must be a Purdue student to enroll in an ICN course. If the student is enrolled in at least 12 credit hours this is part of the tuition; however, they might have to purchase materials for class.
- The student must not have taken the course in the past.
- The Purdue based course must be full before the student is allowed to enroll in the ICN equivalent.
- Because we are working with courses from other institutions, there are no guarantees as to course availability.
- The advisor must complete and sign the Form 23 prior to enrollment.
- The student must complete the ICN Pre-Registration Form prior to enrollment. ICN Form
- We cannot process the student’s registration if there are any holds, or if it requires an override. Please make sure the student does not have any holds on their account. Also be sure their hours are correct. The distance learning office cannot register a student with a hold and cannot increase the student’s hours.
Dates and Deadlines
We follow the same dates, deadlines, policies, and regulations as the rest of the University for adds, drops, and refunds. Purdue dates and policies will always take precedence over those of an ICN institution. For any questions regarding these issues, please check the Web sites for Purdue's Office of the Registrar and Bursar's Office.
To add or drop an ICN course, the student will need to come to our office (STEW G-59) with a Form 23 signed by their advisor.
Term and grading deadlines vary at other ICN institutions. Grades may not post according to the same schedule as Purdue and you may easily receive an Incomplete until the final letter grade is received by our office. If you have questions, please e-mail Shannon Harvey or call 496-3337.
If you were not successful with and informal attempt, you can prepare and submit a written appeal, within 30 calendar days after the start of the following regular semester (excludes summer session), to the Grade Appeals Committee chair of the college or school in which the course originates. Please follow the process in this link when filing a grade appeal: https://www.purdue.edu/odos/osrr/grade-appeal-process/
Some courses require proctored exams. Each institution will approve the proctors your select. Digital Education provides proctored testing for those distance learning courses requiring that service.
Please visit this website for more information or to schedule an exam.
Are you a candidate for graduation?
Your grade might not be posted in time for graduation, but you can still walk. If you have questions please contact your academic advisor or email the Distance Learning office.
|Last day to Drop with no record; Last day to audit a course||Drop: Advisor Signature on Form 23 Course Recorded with a grade of "W"||N/A||Drop: Advisor and instructor signature on Form 23. Indicate W or WF|
|Course ID||CRN||Start Date||End Date||80% refund||60% refund||40% refund||N/A|
Courses POL 10100, MGMT 200 and OLS27400, are apart of the IncludED program, which integrates an e-book and other electronic course materials directly into your Blackboard course. You will be billed separately for the textbook and any additional electronic course materials at the beginning of the semester. These fees are in addition to your standard ICN tuition costs. This fee typically represents a 90% savings for students, over what they would have paid for a traditional textbook, helping to make the college experience more affordable and accessible. You will not be required to purchase any additional textbook or materials; however, you will have the option of purchasing a print copy of the textbook at a discounted rate via the Ivy Tech Online bookstore.